Sunday, March 5, 2017

Frappuccino in three flavors

Frappuccino in three flavors


Ringo Pie Block for Marit

Thank you so much for all of you who have decided
to submit a block for the Tokyo Quilt Festival to
be held in January next year. Also, thank you for
those of you who helped me spread the word about it.
It looks like I will be looking for over 50 blocks
at the festival so far! How Fun!!! If you are still
debating whether you should do it or not, I hope
youll decide to join! Weve got over 2 months to
make just one block if that sounds more doable :)
I cant wait to see what everyone comes up with!

This is a block for the Ringo Pie Bee I just finished
today. Marit wanted her blocks to have a summer theme.
"Lemonade" was the first thing that came across my mind
and then later a "Lobster", but when I saw a super enticing
ad of frappuccino at Starbucks the other day,
I immediately knew that I was going to make a frappuccino
block instead. (Sure, I love food too much!) I asked Marit
what her favorite flavor is among 1) coffee, 2) strawberry, and
3) green tea and she picked strawberry.


Ringo Pie Block for Marit

Mine is most definitely green tea! My friends often make
fun of me for liking green tea frappuccino/green tea latte
at Starbucks too much. I know Starbucks green tea frappuccino
doesnt come with green tea syrup on top of cream like this,
but it would be really cool if it did.

I dont know if its just me, but this block makes
me feel nostalgic for some reasons. I feel like
watching a movie from the 50s or something tonight
but oh no I have to start packing really bad!

We finally bought tickets to leave for Japan on June 27th.
I have such a mixed feeling about this move. Its going to
be really awesome to move to a place I have friends and family
waiting for us. And I have pretty good knowledge of the city in
Tokyo we are moving to, which makes me feel good. But I think
Ill miss my friends and my family in law here so, so, SO MUCH!
Ill miss this apartment we lived for three years.
Ill miss this wonderful weather, the beautiful, clear sky in
California. Ill miss American fabrics (Luckily there seems to
be a quite big fan base of Japanese fabric, so hopefully Ill
sweet talk some folks into fabric swaps, hehe.)
And luckily, all my close friends have promised me to
come to visit me in Tokyo soon, including one of them
who Ill see in just one week and Tamiko who Ill see in
January!) so thats making me feel better to think like that.

Ok time for me to start packing some more!


Thank you for stopping by :)
Have a lovely weekend!


Available link for download