Friday, February 24, 2017

Friends and business don’t mix Rubbish!

Friends and business don’t mix Rubbish!


Hi there!
Where has this week gone ?!?
Friday already ??
TGIF.
But also ICBFA !!! (guess....)

Anyway, Friday’s Blog a private peek.
I want to talk about an old adage which is often banded around:

Friends and business don’t mix.

I absolutely understand where this is valid, of course.
And there have been numerous times in my life, where involving friends in my business has come back to bite me in the derrière. 

But sitting here this morning, thinking about it, 
I actually work with a very tight team of friends.
Without them, where would we be?
I think the reason it works so well is because there is reciprocity. 
Give and take.
They help me where they can - I help them where I can. 
Therein lies the crucial balance.

Let’s consider the artstamps we launched this week, 
designed by darling Jayne Nestorenko.


She isn’t well, so as her friends, we have done the best we can possibly do to be as supportive and helpful as we possibly can. 

But then I get caught up being a busy businesswoman,
chasing my tail,
and just don’t have the time to do the actual artstamps justice.
So I call on another dear and talented friend, Dee Paramour.

She sends me a masterpiece, made with love and skill, 
which blows me away.
Far better and more beautiful than anything I could do.
“Will this be okay?” she asks.



Will this be Okay! There’s no answer to that, is there?!


Even the little gift tag is exquisite.


Dee has not only given me a beautiful piece of artwork 
to showcase Jayne’s stamps;
she’s given me hours of her precious time.


And now comes the best part....


She said I could give this artwork away to one of you.


Wow.
That’s pretty awesome!
But who???
So this is what I’ve come up with.

Leave a comment on every daily Barbie blog 
between now and next Friday.

Leave a flower poem,
leave a ditty,
leave a limerick,
leave it out -
but leave something!
The more days you leave a comment, 
the more likely you are to win Dee’s artwork.
And just for fun, I will add a £20 Clarity voucher. 

And get on over to the Challenge blog, and get involved, too.
I believe that when you take on a challenge,
that task in and of itself makes you focus. 
And that focus will in turn ignite your creativity.

Love and Hugs,
Barb
xx


Available link for download