Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Friday Night at the Discotheque

Friday Night at the Discotheque


I planned this one with an underlying St Pattys theme since it was on March 12th but I think it was more 70s and Disco than anything and it was super fun!  Thanks to my sweet friend, Robin, for letting us use her Murder Mystery game for 9 couples!  (I didnt know they made them that big).

Guest List: 18 crazy people in costume.

Menu:  70s food, of course...Swedish meatballs, cheese fondue, and a frothy drink in a punch bowl (green, of course!) as well as caramel & chocolate fondue and lemon meringue pie for dessert.

Party Plans:  70s Discotheque Murder Mystery and Disco Dance Contest.
Disco Dancing it up Boys VS Girls!  I hate to say it, but the men won!


Decorations:
If you want to throw a 70s party be sure to cover the furniture in orange and brown blankets and a little plastic if you have it! 

I also borrowed some 70s art work and put out some plastic floral arrangements in green and brown vases. I had some rubix cubes set out and a bowl of keys to resemble those 70s key parties!  I also hung some beads from the archways. 




See if you can find an old record player (this was my husbands from the 70s) and a disco ball!

Be sure to have a psychedelic lava lamp too.
 

Make yourself a disco dance floor and have some disco music playing!

Pet Rocks!  These were needed for the Murder Mystery but I guess they really were big in the 70s.  I made these as party favors for the guests.

Then all thats left to do is have fun!
Happy St Pattys Day!  I hope you all party like you are rock disco stars.

Available link for download